If you’re getting the Office error 30013-39, it means that there’s a problem with your Office installation. Luckily, this is usually easy to fix. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps you need to take to get your Office installation up and running again.
If you see the error code 30013-39, it means that Office couldn’t connect to the internet to verify the product key. Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:
– Make sure your computer is connected to the internet
– Try restarting your computer and then opening Office
– Check if your firewall or antivirus software is blocking Office from connecting to the internet
– If you’re using a proxy server, make sure that Office is configured to use it
– Try temporarily disabling any VPN software you’re using
If none of these solutions work, please go online for additional help.
If you see the error message “Office is busy, there is a problem starting the Office installation,” it means that Office is in use by another program or process and can’t be installed at the moment.
To fix this, you’ll need to close any programs or processes that are using Office. Once you’ve done that, try installing Office again. If you still see the error message, restart your computer and try installing Office again.
If you see the error code 30013-39 when trying to install Office, it means that Office couldn’t find any compatible products on your computer.
– Make sure you’re using the latest version of the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack. If you’re not, you can download it from Microsoft’s website.
– Try installing Office in a different location on your computer. For example, if you currently have it installed in C:\Program Files\Office, try installing it in D:\Office instead.
– If you’re still having trouble, contact our live Support for help.
We are sorry, but we are unable to start your program.
We are sorry, but we are unable to start your program. Please try again later or contact our support team for help.
We are sorry, but we can’t verify the signature of files required to install your office product.
We are sorry, but we can’t verify the signature of files required to install your office product. This error may be caused by a corrupted installation file. To fix this issue, try downloading the office product again from the Microsoft website.
If you’re seeing this error, it means that the Background Installation ran into a problem.
– The most common cause is that your computer doesn’t have enough free space to install the update. Make sure you have at least 2 GB of free space on your hard drive before trying again.
– Another possible cause is that your computer is low on memory. Try closing some programs that you’re not using to free up some memory, and then try installing the update again.
– If neither of those solutions works, there may be something wrong with the update itself. In this case, you can try downloading the update from the Microsoft website and installing it manually.
To delete files using Disk Cleanup
1. Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search
box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.
2. In the Drives list, click the hard disk drive that you want to clean up, and then click OK.
3. In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, select the check boxes for the
file types that you want to delete, and then click OK.
4. In the message that appears, click Delete files.
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
2. Enter command prompt in the search box.
3. In the list of results, swipe down on or right-click Command Prompt, and then tap or click Run
4. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter:
5. When the system scan is complete, try to install Office again.
SFC reference article : Click here to view Microsoft KB article for sfc scan
1. log in to http://office.com/myaccount.
2. Enter the username and password.
3. Click on the Install button
Click on the downloaded file and installation prepares.
Office installation will start after checking and preparing the configuration.
Once installation is completed, click on the All Done button.